Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
money ghoul body Ryse Overhaul power vault boom machine riot wolfenstein marvel commonwealth Superpele gauss Mask NPCs hunk daryl mandalorian khan Gear boomers Reforged Call dead
Latest topics
» Afterlife discord
The Best choice for Vegas Emptyby DionysusDreams Yesterday at 5:34 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
The Best choice for Vegas Emptyby HunterWorld Sat May 18, 2024 7:57 pm

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
The Best choice for Vegas Emptyby immortallegion Sun May 12, 2024 4:40 pm

» big red exclamation marks
The Best choice for Vegas Emptyby teslatest Sun May 12, 2024 10:02 am

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
The Best choice for Vegas Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 2:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
The Best choice for Vegas Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» The Next fallout
The Best choice for Vegas Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 9:13 pm

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
The Best choice for Vegas Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 9:08 pm

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
The Best choice for Vegas Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 3:16 pm

» Starfield
The Best choice for Vegas Emptyby Velken Wed May 08, 2024 8:34 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
The Best choice for Vegas Emptyby john96 Fri May 03, 2024 9:31 pm

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
The Best choice for Vegas Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 10:33 am

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
The Best choice for Vegas Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
The Best choice for Vegas Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
The Best choice for Vegas Emptyby monke gaming Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:56 pm

» A long overdue introduction
The Best choice for Vegas Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
The Best choice for Vegas Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
The Best choice for Vegas Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
The Best choice for Vegas Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
The Best choice for Vegas Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:42 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The Best choice for Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StarFarmer

StarFarmer

Character sheet
Name: Edenson
Faction: Enclave(For the Enclave Mod)
Level: 35

The Best choice for Vegas Empty
PostSubject: The Best choice for Vegas   The Best choice for Vegas EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 7:25 pm

I heard the NCR only wants Vegas for the Caps it brings in,While Mr.House holds onto the past and Caesar wants to re-enact a Society that will fall one day.

Thats why i think Independence is the Best choice for Vegas, Why? Let me tell you

1: New vegas remains independent from two Power-Hungry Nations. This means the Citizens live free from laws and regulations that may affect their lives

2:The NCR are corrupt, So its better to keep the corruption out of New Vegas. Why have a nation run by Brahmin lords or a bunch of Slavers

3: If you upgraded the Securitrons, Crime in Vegas goes down due to the securitron army that the Courier can summon at any time,

Thank you for reading.

mixtape69

Character sheet
Name: Wewus Laddus
Faction: New Vegas Strip
Level: 420

PostSubject: Re: The Best choice for Vegas   The Best choice for Vegas EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 7:37 pm

I disagree, I believe House has the best option for New Vegas. He wants to jumpstart humanity. If given the time and the large revenue from tourists and gamblers, he would be able to jumpstart the high tech sector again and develop new technologies. 50 years and create spaceships to escape the earth and begin anew somewhere else. He stated the NCR and Legion are merely repeating the past. The NCR repeating the former US government before it and the Legion repeating the fall of Rome. His vision for Vegas incorporates order without interference in the daily lives of it's citizens. While Yes Man has very similar outcomes, Vegas would become anarchic will no order, just securitron interventions.

rower97

rower97

PostSubject: Re: The Best choice for Vegas   The Best choice for Vegas EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 10:56 pm

I agree with @mixtape69, House is the best option. He has seen the mistakes of the old world first hand, and can see that the Legion and NCR are repeating them. He also has the business acumen to keep vegas thriving, while I'd say all the other possible leaders of Vegas would cripple it. Add to that a securitron army that can stand up to just about any threat, and House is hard to beat.
Back to top Go down
SuperChunkChief

SuperChunkChief

Character sheet
Name: Chief
Faction: NCR: First Reconnaissance
Level: 65

PostSubject: Re: The Best choice for Vegas   The Best choice for Vegas EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 11:14 pm

I believe that House, even as arrogant as he is sometimes, is morally right and is the best choice for Vegas. Caesar is worse than the people who led the world into an apocalypse in the first place, with the constant need for war and power but then again the NCR are the same way. With House though he genuinely wants to protect humanity unlike the legion or NCR who want from the people of vegas. Mr. House offers an improved standard of living through technology at the cost of some personal liberty, but I believe he is the best choice for Vegas.

Tank-Girl

PostSubject: Re: The Best choice for Vegas   The Best choice for Vegas EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 11:26 pm

I think House would eventually get over ran closed eyes smile I mean a lone mail man almost did it. I think all of the options are kinda terrible. They all have pros and cons to them.

NCR: turning it into a cash cow and using the damn to power other places

Legion: Enslaving and using. Also bringing up a culture that would yes fail.

House: Building it into his own jewel of achievement. But the only thing I can say for house is he did keep the entire area from becoming nuclear disaster single handedly so I feel to right he should own it. But I think he will get over run. He is extremely limited and tech can only get you so far.

Independent: Is one of the worst ending in my eyes. I expected our super mail man to become the mega overseer of the strip and thought that would be the case since the damn game ends there. But no we give the power to yes man and nope out. Why is that bad... Because look how simple it was for us to hack him.

My YT Channel
Tank-Girl
Back to top Go down
TheThompsonBoss

PostSubject: Re: The Best choice for Vegas   The Best choice for Vegas EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 11:47 pm

Honestly I'm going to go with the NCR. Now, I've not played Fallout 1, 2, or Tactics so I don't know the NCR in depth...however I don't think they're slavers. As for corrupt...okay, they might be a bit corrupt, but at the same time all factions are corrupt. House, Caesar, even the Brotherhood of Steel. Each faction will always have an agenda.

As for being independent that can only work for so long. All you need is someone who is an expert with technology to sneak in and take control of the Securitrons and then shut them down. The indepence can't live forever even though it's a nice dream.

I personally go with the lesser of the evils. True you got House, but I'm sure he was planning something. Some way to change New Vegas completely and make it into his image. As for the Legion...well...need I say more? They are slavers and frankly brutal savages. Give the NCR credit. The work as any modern day military force. If they find someone guilty they will at least trial them first before coming up with a sentence. The Legion just straight up crucifies people on the spot.

So, in my opinion the NCR is the best choice for New Vegas and the Mojave. Are they corrupt? Well, sure. Probably. But at the same time you do hear soldiers who want to help the people of the Mojave and I never get a sense that they'll flat out become a dictatorship. So, they would have to be my choice.
Back to top Go down
maxman885

maxman885

Character sheet
Name: Ask me
Faction: Freedom
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Best choice for Vegas   The Best choice for Vegas EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 10:05 pm

Screw it just kill everyone and take over. But if i had to make a choice, id go with the NCR. They need work but they still can become good.

Lôke-khan K.B.

Character sheet
Name: Bronx
Faction: NCR
Level: 77

PostSubject: Re: The Best choice for Vegas   The Best choice for Vegas EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 7:21 am

I can not agree that the best option for New Vegas is independence. An army of robots may be a force capable of ensuring peace residents of the Mojave without regard to such factions as the NCR or the Legion. But what happens when robots take over the control of someone capable and ambitious to the point that it will use against the New Vegas his own army? Power based on military machines will never be stable, do not know loyalty, devotion homeland. There will always be someone who can effectively use robots against their owners. That's exactly what he wanted to do Benny using the robot Mr. Yes Man. Only the rule of law based on a system of democracy and the professional army composed of citizens can bring stability and prosperity to the Mojave. That is why I will always support the NCR and act against the Legion. Gunslinger

joshwist55

Character sheet
Name: Andrew M. Rockefeller
Faction: NCR
Level: 37

PostSubject: Re: The Best choice for Vegas   The Best choice for Vegas EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 4:35 pm

I feel like House is the only option for humanity to survive. Even though others are focusing problems of now. He is focusing on the future to help us out of the mess that we're in.

Dead Sirious

PostSubject: Re: The Best choice for Vegas   The Best choice for Vegas EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 8:25 pm

I believe Mr House is the best candidate for restoring order.
Back to top Go down
ghostsniperx13

ghostsniperx13

Character sheet
Name: Kagami Ryosuke
Faction: New Japan Liberators
Level: 17

PostSubject: Re: The Best choice for Vegas   The Best choice for Vegas EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 2:22 am

Independent New Vegas isn't the best option in my opinion, in my play through, I have sided with the New California Republic. Sure, they may be corrupt or they enforce heavy taxes, if they were not there in New Vegas, fighting the Legion, then the Legion may have just taken over without hesitation,
the NCR, keeping in mind that they are still a young faction, they could still develop and have a change of leader in the future who can restore peace and order.

blahblahblah

blahblahblah

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Best choice for Vegas   The Best choice for Vegas EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 8:31 am

Comparing the best ending of Independent Vegas and the best ending of NCR, NCR wins.

Independent Vegas is more chaotic ending with Brotherhood patrolling and taking technology, Fiends taking over Outer Vegas, Unstable Vegas for Followers of Apocalypse, etc. It's a huge boon for Freeside, Goodsprings, and New Vegas (the city) though

NCR though, if you make all the right alliances and go the extra step for peace, its much more peaceful, economically stable, and things look up for the NCR AND the Mojave. Despite the taxes imposed on some towns (even though some keep their independence such as the Boomers, Novac, and Freeside).

Well except for Goodsprings.

AshurForrester

PostSubject: Re: The Best choice for Vegas   The Best choice for Vegas EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 8:58 am

I would have to go with House. I've never felt so bad when I killed him and you heard that he had so many plans for New Vegas.

When you're with the NCR or Legion, you're simply denying the other faction the Hoover Dam. They're not defeated, I would think that they'd keep coming for it or another territory. While I think that House wouldn't really care to join in that little war between the NCR and the Legion, he'd definitely be able to defend New Vegas and the surrounding areas while he develops new tech.

AidenFirePearce

AidenFirePearce

Character sheet
Name: Aiden
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Best choice for Vegas   The Best choice for Vegas EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 11:25 am

Yes man, NCR or House. But not the legion.

https://vk.com/aidenfirepearce
Biosyn

Biosyn

PostSubject: Re: The Best choice for Vegas   The Best choice for Vegas EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:16 pm

NCR, without a doubt. They're not entirely the "Good Guys", but they are the lesser of 4 (5 if you count Dead Money) evils. They, not any chapter of the Brotherhood, the Minutemen, the Institute, the Enclave, House, the Legion, or even in some ways the Followers, have been the ones rebuilding civilization. The issues they have are many of the same ones governments from all across of history had.

House, on the other hand, is a ticking time-bomb. Sure he's kind of a "good guy" now, but will he still be in a century? How about two? Three? A Millennia? You've all heard that old saying about power, specifically about absolute power, right? But there's also a line from a very old movie, "So long as men die, liberty will never perish." Given what we know about House I think both of those apply, or will apply, to him. An "immortal" autocrat, with an almost unbeatable robot army, and the Courier is the only person, potentially the last ever, to be in a position to kill him. Not killing this future "God-Emperor" is, quite possibly, the most villainous thing you can do in New Vegas.

Independent, is difficult, to say the least. The Courier has all the power in that ending, but what do we really know about them? They are simply too much of an unknown variable, too mysterious, to allow for any real, long term predictions about what would happen. All we know is that they walked the roads of the west and repeatedly made runs through the Divide, that's it. But their mental health can't be all that good, given all the crap they've had happen to them. Mental instability is not an ingredient for a good ruler.

The Legion doesn't need talking about, we all know they're bad. The same goes for siding with Elijah, it's really obvious that's a bad ending, so no need to go in depth there.
Back to top Go down
michefio9

michefio9

PostSubject: Re: The Best choice for Vegas   The Best choice for Vegas EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 12:10 am

I've played every option over the years and i have to say independent Vegas is my favorite. Legion being my least favorite and Mr House is like in the middle and out of all of them i feel Mr House's option is the shortest and easiest way to finish the main story. I wish that they would have made a continuing DLC like Broken Steel on Fallout 3. It would have been cool to see those changes in New Vegas after finishing the main quest. I'm just glad New Vegas wasn't about finding your dad or son lol.

PostSubject: Re: The Best choice for Vegas   The Best choice for Vegas Empty

Back to top Go down

The Best choice for Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1