Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
riot daryl NPCs hunk Ryse Mask mandalorian dead upgrades Gear money body marvel boom boomers wolfenstein space vault FCOM commonwealth Call khan Reforged ghoul Superpele machine
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

» Late Introduction
Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:29 pm

» Greetings!
Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NewVegasMerc

NewVegasMerc

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?   Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 8:54 am

Hey guys, so I'm thinking of doing a new fallout 4 play through. And so while thinking about the brotherhood in Fallout 4 I got curious. Do you guys think they're really that bad? Or do you think their aggressiveness is justified? I'd love to hear your guy's opinions. TMHug-Royaba

Last edited by NewVegasMerc on Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OSOK

OSOK

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: none
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?   Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 9:04 am

They're awesome...and I mean that in the formal sense of the word; meaning extremely impressive or daunting. Something that is awesome can be both inspiring and imposing.

That is the brotherhood as a whole in my opinion...however, if we are going to discuss the moral compass of individuals...Maxon is a total douchebag just like the Captain of the Prydwen and both deserve a 12gauge shell to the face

Overdone

Character sheet
Name: Rayford
Faction: Independent
Level: 24

PostSubject: Re: Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?   Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 9:28 am

Alignment Chart:

I'm a huge D&D nerd, and I think this chart is a decent thing go off of. In regards to how evil they are, they border on it at times. The majority of the time, the Brotherhood is neutral. They won't go out of their way to help or harm anyone unless technology is involved. They're just following their code.

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?   Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 10:08 am

Every big faction just follows its goals which have both positive things about them and drawbacks. The only true lawful good faction might be the Minutemen.
Back to top Go down
TheThompsonBoss

PostSubject: Re: Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?   Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 10:17 am

Honestly if you asked me when Fallout 4 first came out I would say stay away from them and not agree with them at all. However as time goes on I feel myself siding with them more and more. I'm doing a BoS run right now in fact.

While it's true they have a hatred for Synths...that's pretty much it. They only really hate the synths, oh and Super Mutants and Ghouls like the previous games. However it's not like they go around and abuse settlers in the Commonwealth. Plus what they're saying actually makes a bit of sense. Free will or not the synths can be dangerous if you let them run around.

I won't spoil it in case you haven't done an Institute run through. But there is actually an example of this. Something which shows what could happen if you erase a Synth's mind and turn them onto the Commonwealth.

So, honestly the BoS are justified in wanting to stop the Institute and their synths. If I had one complaint with them it's that I hate how once and a while they'll make a crack at Elder Lyons. I understand he broke tradition, but I feel they don't have to slander his name. He was still a good leader in my opinion and under his leadership they did defeat the Enclave.

Anyway, I say give them a try! I'm sure you'll love their story and how they operate. Smile
Back to top Go down
NewVegasMerc

NewVegasMerc

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?   Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 10:24 am

@TheThompsonBoss I've already played through Fallout 4. Multiple times in fact. And most of the time I've sided with the BoS. I was just curious on what you guys thought. In fact a lot of the points you brought up were just like what I believe. Thumbs Up

augtastic

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?   Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 10:41 am

I like the Brotherhood, but I despise Maxon. I really wish I could shoot him in the face and still be cool with them.
Back to top Go down
vahn65

vahn65

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?   Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 3:46 pm

They have their heart in the right place, but in the end they are bigots to a tee for the most part and is maxsons fault for becoming this way its like the Lone wanderer ended up having no affect on him at all. I honestly think its because Sarah died.

gibons45

PostSubject: Re: Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?   Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 3:47 pm

I'd say they're good they are harsh and ruthless in what they do but it's for the best in the end.

Dewderson

Dewderson

Character sheet
Name: Boon
Faction: None
Level: 37

PostSubject: Re: Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?   Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 4:01 pm

I always assumed that since they lost Sarah Lyons immediately after losing Owyn Lyons and they evidently had a string of poor leaders rapidly replacing each other, the Brotherhood Outcasts rejoined the fold and ended their splinter faction. As a result, the Brotherhood became more aggressive and went back to being the isolationist military order they started off as before Owyn went sof

Not good, not bad, just big scary hoarders in power armor.

Don't forget their whole "Technology going too far" reasoning in Fallout 4 was something that happened in real life once cloning was achieved and people began demonizing human cloning (Even though clones occur naturally as twins). I don't think it's unreasonable to expect limited war between world powers if America, Russia, China, ETC. Achieved the technology to start churning out human beings in factories like the institute does in Fallout 4.

The Red Shoe

PostSubject: Re: Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?   Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 4:25 pm

@Boombewm has ruined them for me as I now see them as sexual predators.

In all seriousness I don't like them in the least in FO4 and I think they are the bad guys. They are easy to kill someone who has served them and the talk of cleansing the common wealth often makes you kill people you grew bonds with zero chance of talking them out of it.

The FO3 Brotherhood was the only one I can think where they weren't the bad guys.

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
NewVegasMerc

NewVegasMerc

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?   Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 4:44 pm

@The Red Shoe I dont know what you mean as...spoiler...
Spoiler:

SuperChunkChief

Character sheet
Name: Chief
Faction: NCR: First Reconnaissance
Level: 65

PostSubject: Re: Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?   Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 5:07 pm

I think if the Brotherhood (Maxson in general) could've listened to reason and realized that the people needing to be protected are more important than destroying things they know nothing about would have made them better in the Commonwealth.

Spoiler:

BobaSauro

PostSubject: Re: Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?   Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 1:52 pm

Well, they are single minded folks. with a lot of prejudice against synths... as if it were their fault for existing in the first place...

also, they don't really give a shit to the ppl of the commonwealth, only for themselves.

i'd say they are douches. Not necessarily evil tough...

Diem

Diem

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?   Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 2:23 pm

It's both. Like the factions in New Vegas, none of the factions in Fallout 4 fall completely into "good" or "bad". You just have to look closely into each of the factions yourself and determine which one you think is best, because all of them have flaws.

Brotherhood of Steel is prejudiced and imperialistic, the Railroad only cares about synths and doesn't work for any other change, the Minutemen are unstable and unreliable, and the Institute is unethical and imposing.

But the Brotherhood of Steel is still generally moral and has noble goals and is effective at doing so, the Railroad is the only faction working for the liberation of synths, the Minutemen want safety and liberty for the Commonwealth without imposing any sort of rule, and the Institute's technology could rebuild the wasteland faster than anything else in the world.

The only way to really know is to do each of their questlines in separate playthroughs, as well as engage their sidequests and companions, to get the full picture and decide for yourself.
Back to top Go down
Ferrum_Bellator

Ferrum_Bellator

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?   Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 11:07 am

Brotherhood of Steel to be neither good nor bad.
It should just come and take her.
Back to top Go down
ghostsniperx13

ghostsniperx13

Character sheet
Name: Kagami Ryosuke
Faction: New Japan Liberators
Level: 17

PostSubject: Re: Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?   Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 7:57 am

You could technically argue that they were good... but blowing up an underground base that contained millions of research for the future of the human race... well, they are bad at that but they also acted out of fear and wanted to protect the people. So I would say that they are somewhere in between.

Lucianhector

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?   Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 9:47 am

Their intentions are good, they want to do well by the people, but will use force to achieve their goals

Back to top Go down
Nick6788

Nick6788

Character sheet
Name: Devastation
Faction:
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?   Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 10:45 pm

I think they steered off the path of universal good guys from Fallout 3 into a questionable faction in Fallout 4.

In Fallout 3, they are on a mission to protect the wasteland. But in Fallout 4, it feels like Maxson transformed the East Coast Brotherhood into a faction that want's nothing to do with protecting the wasteland, but rather making sure that their above everyone else in terms of technology and power.
Back to top Go down
igniter55

igniter55

PostSubject: Re: Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?   Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? EmptyFri Oct 28, 2016 8:28 pm

Is the brotherhood in fallout 4 evil, well to answer that I think well have to take a look on the past brotherhood implements starting at 3.

So in fallout 3 id say there goal is to help the civilians, at least that is what i took from it. The need for tech is definitely there but they definitely focus on the civilian population more.Now this is indeed a noble goal but you have to look at it from the brotherhoods stand point as well the main goal is to acquire old world tech and if you go against that most times your branded as as trader. This rule is so important that they had a civil war in fallout 3. What i'm getting at is to us fallout 3s main brother hood is noble and honor worthy but to the rest of the brotherhood they would be seen as traitors and probably be considered evil. SO for fallout 3's brotherhood its a matter of perception

Now lets move on to the Mojave branch. These guys are a mixed bag in my opinion we cant really see there full force because of how weak they are in fallout NV but from what i gather from it they are indeed following there code of tech no matter the cost witch i feel is a complete turn around from fallout 3 in fallout 3 you see people breaking that code in fallout NV you see people following it therefor its sorta of a complete turn around from fallout 3. to us they seem evil but to the brotherhood they seem to be following the code

And now to fallout 4, there goals align basically with fallout NV branch but with an added of hating synths so again in our eyes they may look evil but to the brotherhood they may look like heroes. but lets talk about here code for a minute is there code evil well in my eyes it inst evil but its bad and needs to be changed due to the fact that if they don't evolve then they'll get left behind.

So in my opinion to the outsider they may seem evil but to the brotherhood they probably seem noble, P.S sorry for such a long post

PostSubject: Re: Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?   Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 Good or Bad?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next